Candida Infection Symptoms
Candida albicans is a natural strain of yeast that neutralizes a certain species of gut bacteria. It is very useful in the body when it is found in low concentrations because it helps maintain ideal intestinal flora levels. This maintenance is the normal, healthy function of Candida albicans. When the yeast starts to overgrow in the body it can lead to some very common health disorders. These disorders can range from fatigue, possible muscle weakness, sleep disorders, anxiety, possibly vaginal yeast infections, headache, depression, rashes and other skin disorders, hives and itching, brain fog, diminished sex drive, muscle and joint pain and chemical sensitivities. Candida infection can be treated. Having a healthy body will cause the parasites not to grow.
Conditions that Enable Candida to Infect the Skin:
· Hot, humid weather
· Tight synthetic underclothes
· Poor hygiene
· Skin inflammatory diseases occurring in skinfolds such as psoriasis
People Most Likely to be Infected with Candida:
· People taking antibiotics
· People with asthma using inhaled corticosteroids
· People on corticosteroids or immunosuppressive therapy after organ transplant
· People who are pregnant
· People with diabetes
· People who are obese
· People with a weakened immune system
Being infected with Candida is not something that is remedied by taking drugs. A person can not acquire the infection from an outside source. Treatment involves a life change of diet, living habits, environmental and possible emotional elements. Yeast organisms are responding to the body’s changes in pH balance levels. These changes cause the yeast to overgrow. Again, these yeast organisms in low levels are healthy. The overgrowth of these organisms creates powerful toxins and cause many ailments.
What Activities or Influences can Cause Candida Overgrowth?
1. Not enough fiber in the diet.
2. Poor pre-natal and infant nutrition.
3. Using antibiotics too frequently. Vaccinations may temporarily weaken the immune system.
4. Eating de-mineralized, de-vitalized and processed foods.
5. Eating chemical food additives, preservatives, stabilizers, artificial flavors, artificial sweeteners and coloring agents.
6. Animal protein injected with artificial hormones.
7. Not eating regularly or skipping meals. Overeating and under eating are also issues.
8. Using too many low quality fats, ingesting large amounts of hydrogenated fats and trans fatty fats.
9. Not enough production of HCL (stomach acid).
10. Having foods that do not have high does of natural enzymes and friendly bacteria. Also foods that do not have probiotics after taking antibiotics will affect overgrowth.
11. Not drinking enough water which should be 8 fl. oz. per 25 lbs every 24 hours.
12. Not enough exposure to sunlight.
13. Stress because of work or relationships.
14. Chemicals at work or home
This is a small list of influences. Treating Candida yeast overgrowth can start with diet. The Candida treatment diet is very strict. It only works if sugar in all forms is eliminated. Sugars found in grains, fruits and some sweet vegetables contain too much sugar and feed the yeast. The idea behind the Candida treatment diet is to starve the yeast that is living in the body. Do not eat anything outside the diet because the yeast is fed and it starts growing again. Basically all foods that are refined, processed or sweetened are off limits. Foods to avoid are cereal, bread, fruit, pasta, muffins, sweet vegetables like carrots and wine. The diet must be adhered to for 3-6 months straight in order to correct the yeast problem. There may be side effects in the diet are because there are a lot of proteins and not very many carbohydrates.
Other treatments include Antifungal Products, Enzymatic Products, Probiotics (acidophilus) Products, and Polysaccharides Products. When large levels of acid concentration build up in the fluid compartments in which all our organisms swim (interstitial fluids) they weaken the entire system of the body. Along with lack of exercise, over processed foods, and dehydration these acids expose the system to all types of ailments. Maintaining the diet and products will help decrease growth of the harmful Candida yeast in the body.